10 Ways to Stop Cat Litter Box Odor
Cat litter box odor can really be a nuisance, especially if you live in a smaller apartment or a condominium. Even if you live in a larger house sometimes the smell can become overwhelming.
The reason that cat urine smells is because it contains a large amount of ammonia. Cat food is very high in protein, which leads to increased ammonia excretion through the urine.
To help control cat litter box odor here are 10 tips to try:
1. Get an additional pan. When each litter box is used less, they are better able to control smells.
2. Switch brands of cat litter. A good clumping brand is best. There is a big difference in the quality of odor control between different brands so experiment.
3. Scoop more frequently.
4. Buy baking soda and mix it in, or buy a brand that already has baking soda in it.
5. Replace all the litter more frequently or try using a pan liner.
6. Wash out the litter box with soap and water.
7. Deeper litter absorbs more smells, so add more.
8. Clean around the litter box. These areas tend be neglected because we have to move the box out of the way to clean it.
9. Change the location of the pan to a more ventilated area.
10. Buy an air purifier with a charcoal filter and place it near the cat area.
As you can see there are many different ways to go about solving cat litter box odor. The main thing is to experiment with different techniques and see which ones work best for you.Sometimes even changing JUST ONE THING can really reduce the smell, which if you live in an apartment or condominium can make a big difference. If you're having an odor problem there is ONE VERY SIMPLE solution to your problem.
It involves attaching an AIR FILTER to the litter box! To see this AMAZING invention go here: Cat Litter Odor Control
OF THE MONTH
All Materials Copyrighted